Thursday, January 20, 2011

32 weeks And a picture


OK, so I'm 32 weeks and 3 days. But would you really guess that from this picture? Let's be honest... I'm HUGE. And please excuse my bathroom. Kenny wasn't here to take a picture for me.
Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment. He didn't measure the head this time, but I did get some news. Apparently the doctor is going to try to deliver him as close to 39 weeks as possible. I mean, it makes sense because Jake needs to be as developed as possible to have a better chance at a better recovery after surgery and all that. But or 7 more weeks of growing?? Can I do that?? I measured at 38 weeks yesterday and boy, do I feel it. I'm not sure... if I go to 39 weeks will I measure in the 50-week range? The doctor also said that if I go into labor on my own fairly soonish than I may be able to have a regular c-section cut. BUT if Jake stays in until he wants him to I'll have to have the vertical cut. I know it's the best for Jake and I want to do everything that's best for him, but yeah... sometimes I just wonder, "why couldn't everything just be normal like the babies everyone else is having?" I guess that's just how it goes.
Everyone I see or talk to thinks I must be due any day or having twins. HA . That's funny :)
Well, that's my current update! We'll see if I make it through February without a baby or what!








7 comments:

LeslieK said...

You look great! I never even got strangers asking if I was pregnant until I was at least 35 weeks =)

Jake and Rachel said...

mandi you are so cute! i hope jake will come at a nice in-between time so that you can still have the cut you want and he can be as developed as possible.

i cant wait to see him he is going to be so cute.

hang in there!! love you!!

Jannica Larson said...

You're a trooper! And you're an adorable preggo lady. It'll all be worth it!

Lee&Michelle said...

Sooo cute! It just looks like you have a basketball under your shirt! Haha definitely looks like your due really soon you look like your 38 weeks but that's not a bad thing cuz you look great! :)

Sant Family said...

You are beyond the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen. Baby Jake is sure enjoying your lung and stomach space isn't he? :)

For me, when I had polyhydramnios with Daniel they said they quit measuring at 42 weeks (like, they just don't have the numbers or whatever), so you don't get the satisfaction of knowing that your chart documents that you do indeed measure 900 weeks pregnant.

Good luck. You guys remain in our prayers. Get a pedi.

Allison said...

My mom said they're doing a skype shower for you from the homefront. What a great idea! And she told me you have a blog so I popped on over. You are lookin' cute pregnant. So congratulations on the baby boy coming even though it's super late. I had no idea! You will be an AMAZING mom!

chloe's clan said...

Mandi you look great really although I know how tight it can start to feel! :) I personally make extra amniotic fluid and it gets tight in there! But I am proud of you for your uplifting attitude and we sure are praying for you guys over here. :) Much love!
-Chloe