Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Home With Honor

Home from Chile

We all went to the airport to look for Kyle. It was a BIG DAY. As for me, I hadn't seen Elder Kyle Grimes since Christmas 2009. As for Jake, he has never met my amazing little brother!


 All the kids together for the first time in years! Note that I am the shortest and that my 14 year-old sister looks like my older twin.

 He was so excited to show us everything he had brought home, that he started unpacking the second we walked in the door. He had some amazing things to show us! A lot of what he brought were gifts from the Pobletes, a family Kyle became very close to in Chile. They fed him all the time and took care of him for us. They sent us many gifts and had to sacrifice for them all.

In the picture above Kyle is giving my mom some beautiful pillow cases that Sister Poblete made her BY HAND. They're satin and have pleates and little beads all over. They are beautiful and she stayed up until like 4 AM making them he said. This family does not have a lot, and so they really had to sacrifice. They are so sweet.


 Next, my wonderful grandparents came into town. They live in Arizona and so we don't get to see them a whole lot. This was a special treat. Grandma picked up Jake and tears just came to her eyes. I think Jake carries a soft spot in their hearts. I also think they were blown away by how much he's changed since they saw him this summer.
 I don't remember this picture being taken, but I'm glad someone took it.
 Jakey and Uncle Bob. The top picture is Jake wearing the cutest little Chilean hoodie Kyle brought home for him. I got a cool one too so I'll have to take a photo of me wearing mine.

I think they adore each other... what do you think??



My mom made Jake two adorable little ties for his birthday


Always a crowd of people around the baby when we visit!



Passing out after Thanksgiving dinner. We re-did Thanksgiving since we haven't had one together in a very long time. It was, as you can see, de-licious.


The plane ride by myself with a baby wasn't too bad. He is, after all, a very good baby. He did cry for a little while as is expected of babies traveling all day and being expected to hold fairly still. But Yo-Gabba Gabba probably saved my life.


As well as going to the dollar store and buying some new books which I put in baggies along with some treats. We had a fun mommy-son getaway!

2 comments:

A Red Haired Girl said...

I love the yellow tinted photo of Jake smiling!!!!! It's so cute! He has one of the best smiles EVER!!!

Sant Family said...

I am so glad that you all got to be together again! I can still remember Emma walking like a kitty on her toes and meowing to every one. I just love your family!

And I swear, Jake looks just a Grimes in some pictures and just like Kenny in others. It is amazing!

And yeah, it looks like Kyle is a little fond of Jake! Your brothers have always been so good with babies. I remember how sweet they were to Joseph and Matthew when they were little.

I'm glad everything went well. Jake looks like such a happy little guy!