Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A little bit of this, a little bit of that


Ok so although I still have some deals I would like to take advantage of this week, I thought it would be fun to post my Target run. It's going to help motivate me to keep going too I think.

I forgot to include in this picture two Aquafresh Training Toothpaste tubes that I got for the babe.

It wasn't the best ever, but I managed to get all this for only $21.83. Again, not that great because I had to buy the staples, the bananas, the deoderant, the paper towels and the juice at full price because we needed them and Kenny likes that certain kind of deoderant.

But I did get these good deals with coupons:

The Zyrtec (5ct) was 4.76 each but I had four coupons for 4.00 off 1. So I got $19.04 in Zyrtec for $3.04.

The pasta and pasta sauce was on sale, when you buy both (.89 and 1.00) you get 1.00 off. So I got both for .89 cents.

The Aquafresh kids toothpaste was 2.69 (not pictured) but I had 2 coupons for $1 off so they were only 1.69 a piece. Not the greatest price ever, but we needed it.

The paper towels were only .99 each, and the turkey breast was on sale for .99/lb so that was 5.74 which I thought was a pretty good price.

All in all, even though it wasn't fantastic, I still saved 26.16, which is over 50% of my grocery bill. The Zyrtec was definitely my best deal.

Whenever I get to checkout I get pretty nervous because I'm always afraid the person is going to accuse me of not using my coupons correctly and deny me. So I always scout out someone who looks nice. Today I totally scored with my cashier and so did she. She was nice, but also very good... she definitely pinned me for a couponer which was good (because she didn't blink twice at my coupons and she knew how to scan them correctly) but also good for her (because she convinced me to sign up for something in order to save even more and get more coupons). Smart lady...

Anyway, as I get better at this, create and stock my coupon binder, create and stock a small stockpile of basics (because we're a small family) I should be able to lower my weekly cost of groceries! It's kinda fun.. like a puzzle. I'm just glad I have some blogs to follow or I'd be completely lost. I've read from them that you have to put a little bit of money in at the beginning, like setting a weekly stockpile budget, but that you end up stretching your dollar really far in the end. I just hope I don't burn out and give up before I figure out what I'm doing!

P.S. Michelle, I REALLY wish we were neighbors so we could figure this out and do it together. Then I wouldn't get so sweaty during checkout, haha.

1 comment:

Lee&Michelle said...

Hahaha I think thats why I don't coupon cuz I have a total anxiety attack about the cashier freaking out! haha man, if only we were neighbors we could take on any cashier together with NO sweat attacks! lol haha